PTE Test: Actual Test Taking

          Pearson Test of English Academic- one of the available English test nowadays and I believe that it is also one of the favourite tests among them. To cite a little background on the history of this test, allow me to share with you this resource on PTE:

          " Pearson Language Test is a unit of the Pearson PLC group, dedicated to assessing and validating the English language usage of non-native English speaker. The tests include PTE Academic, PTE General (formerly Australia Tests of English), and PTE Young Leaners (formerly Australia Tests of English for Children). 

          In 2009, Pearson Language Tests launched the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) which is endorsed by Graduate Management Council (GMAC), the organisation responsible for the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). The test score has been aligned to the levels defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF of CEFR). "  Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_Language_Tests

          Last month, I had my personal taste of the actual PTE test. I took my test at Pearsons Professional Centres Melbourne. We were more or less 15 in our batch on that day. The person in charge at the information desk was very accomodating and kind enough to instruct us all on what to do. Finally we were divided into two groups.




          When I started the test, I told myself that one important thing to maintain all throughout the test period is self focus since we were seated next to each other. Thus, the test started and in the speaking part, I tried to read the sentences as natural as I can be. And aside from that, I also tried to follow the instruction that whether there is a comma or a period, I needed to follow its intonation. And this is very crucial since the computer detects what then is the test taker's intonation on the actual test. 

          One consideration also was one's ability to manage his time. We were allotted certain period of time on each particular test and one should spend his time properly. On the writing part, one should be able to construct the required essay with the right context, correct grammar, and the proper punctuation marks should be strictly observed. 

          All in all, the test experience was good and my results for the PTE test that I took were: Listening-72, Speaking-72, Reading-74, and Writing-76. Good luck to all other test takers.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Helpful Tips for PTE Exams

PTE - Academic Exams Insights

Sharing Various IELTS Resources